Monday, June 9, 2008

Anna Tunic from Amy Butler pattern

I made the first version of the Amy Butler Anna tunic a couple of months ago, and wanted to make some changes to the pattern. I finished the second version last night, and like it much better now. Here is view from back without belt:

Picture from front without belt.
Picture from side with belt.
Picture from front with belt. I'm not a girly girl, so I did not make the flower for the top.

I left the lining out, and just made it out of a single layer of fabric. So to compensate for the under the arms seam, I just used bias tape.

Instead of 4 buttons i just used 2 at the top.

The shoulders were too wide for me on the first version, so I squared off the sides a bit.

So here is the final version. I really like it now, and hope to make another one out of some other fabric. The fabric I used for this one was recycled from a retro duvet cover... Its bright yellow with flowers.
I hope you enjoy the images. I hope to post lots more from future projects. Other things in the works are a knit shawl and a quilt and of course more thngs for my etsy store.

I also just purchased the weekender bag and lotus tunic patterns from A. Butler. Can't wait to receive them!!!

No comments:

Finnfactor Design

Finnfactor Design